Friday, September 2, 2011

September Read: Amaryllis in Blueberry

Ok!  We're into September, and this month's read is definitely different from The Lost Girls.  Amaryllis in Blueberry by Christina Meldrum takes place in Africa and Michigan.  What ties these two places together?  The four Slepy sisters, each with a particular personality trait that will determine their fate in Africa.  


I love the cover of this book.  It certainly hits the mark, and makes people pick it up!  I have heard from fellow readers that this book is great, so I am ready to start reading.  I've attached a link to the author's website, so hit the book title to go there and read about her other book Madapple, reviews, and discussion questions.  I'll be posting questions and my own observations about this book at the month rolls on!  And I may have to read Madapple.  I remember when this was on the shelves in our bookstore; it was one of those "I want to read it someday" books.  Well, that someday may be in September.  


Enjoy your holiday weekend, and start reading!  This is available in paperback and e-book format.  

3 comments:

once in a blue moon said...

i too love this book cover and have it at sea dream to read~

L Harris said...

This is October's read. (See an earlier post.) I have it sitting on my shelf. Resevorir was supposed to be for September. I guess it doesn't matter to me if it's changed up, just wanted to make you aware. :)

Jewels said...

Of course the library gave me this one before The Lost Girls and I forgot about it in my obsession with A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings and didn't read it and had to return it. Man I am sucking at this whole thing lately.
Unfortunately I think I am skipping this month as my birthday and my sisters wedding have things incredibly crazy right now. :( Sorry.