Friday, July 1, 2011

July's Pick: The Great House by Nicole Krauss

It's July 1st already!  This weekend will be full of fireworks, BBQ, and family fun.  After Monday, be prepared to tackle our latest pick--The Great House by Nicole Krauss.

I must confess, I have picked up this book so many times in the past few months.  I am intrigued by the story of a desk and the history it holds for so many people.  Nicole has many fans in our bookstore--her History of Love has been a favorite handsell.  I am new to Nicole, so I am looking eagerly ahead to the coming weeks and can't wait to dive into this novel.

If you want a short synopsis of the novel, click here.  It takes you to Nicole's website.

I will be posting a few questions for you to ponder, and also posting some suggestions for our next three months of reading.  I'm trying to narrow down my list, which seems to grow every week.

Have a great 4th of July, and start your reading!

1 comment:

Jewels said...

I too will be starting this book ASAP! Unfortunately two of the local book shops were sold out...though I guess that is a good sign. Anyway...I had to buy it on my Nook which isn't great for reading outdoors...which is where I plan to be all weekend so it will have to wait until it rains (heavens forbid) or night time after the sun has set and I'm done baking. :)

Happy 4th!